Sacred Dance Teacher Training 2023 - Medicine In Motion
The body has an inner dialogue in movement that allows us to liberate the stories that bind us. We must listen.
with Julie Martin | Soul Space Sweden | 07 - 13 August, 2023
What if you could release the stories that bind you.. even the ones that words cannot express?
Sacred Dance is about taking movement that one step further into the stories our bodies hold, often trapped in the silence our words cannot express. It is based in non-verbal communication, dance and movement therapy, movement meditation and has a deeply healing effect on almost all practitioners who experience it.
After many years of practicing different approaches to conscious dance and movement, it was a natural process to begin incorporating my interpretation of these forms, Sacred Dance, into yoga teacher trainings, workshops and retreats. It has been hugely successful and I’ve come to understand the powerful effect of this work on the yoga community as there isn’t really an expressive and empowering outlet in the more traditional practices.
Through my experience I have discovered the formulas that work best as an addition to retreats, workshops and trainings. A way of introducing and cultivating a deep connection with our students so that we can move through fear, anxiety and other underlying emotions in a safe and compassionate environment. I will take you through the process of building trust, with you as the facilitator, creating it in groups and guiding people through layers of internal dialogue and awareness. We will explore the many facets of how we hold space and how we guide people in their dance, in their self expression.
Sacred Dance Teacher Training - What To Expect
This is a full 7 day training and in the process of learning this practice you will go on the deepest journey yourself so that you will be open and ready to go out and share this with your students and community.
Dates & Location & Price
Soul Space Sweden | 07 - 13 August, 2023
Pricing for this training includes all tuition, accommodation and food. It does not include any travel costs to get to and from the venue. Pricing is tiered based on the type of room you book. But please be aware that all rooms are of an excellent standard!
- Twin room with shared facilities
£1800 pps (Early Bird £1650)
- Twin room with en-suite
£1950 pps (Early Bird £1800)
- Single room - Large Annex - with shared facilities
£1850 (Early Bird £1700)
- Single room - Small Annex - with shared facilities
£1900pp (Early Bird £1750)
- Double room with en-suite
£1950 pps (Early Bird £1800) / Single Room £2550 (Early Bird £2400)
Early Bird Price
Early bird pricing (£150 discount) available if paid in full before January 31st 2023.
In order to secure your place and your room, you will need to pay a non refundable deposit of £350.00. The balance of the fee for the retreat is due no later than the 22nd May, 2023
Payment plans available via PayPal (monthly running for 6, 8 or 12 months available depending on start date of payment plan)
Find our cancellation Policy here
Empower yourself and your students to explore the wounds that are ready to heal.
You will learn to facilitate the release of old patterns and beliefs through expression and liberate what the body has been holding.
Join us in Sweden | 07 - 13 August, 2023Registration Now Open
What You'll Learn
- Establishing Trust - As a teacher, in the group and providing for the individual
- The Conversion - How to take students who are completely new, or unsuspecting and bring them into the process with guidance and clarity. Encouraging students with resistance or who experience anxiety.
- Holding Space - The importance of bearing witness and bringing your energy into the dynamic of the group.
- Movement Motifs and Exercises - To unlock the inner dance we need a tool box that reaches beyond what most minds think of when they consider dance. Get them into their bodies from a different perspective.
- Telling the Stories the Body Holds - The intimate release of letting our stories come to the surface is a powerful therapeutic tool that needs delicate and supportive guidance in a frame work that encourages free expression.
- Creating Embodied Dialogue - Engaging students in the creation of their own movement mantras and linking that to what we are teaching in workshops and trainings.
- Working with Partners and Group Connection - The science behind touch, connection and community in movement and expression.
- Creative Writing - How to bring spontaneous journalling into the process and the effects it has on the sessions.
- Making Playlists - The importance of the music used and how different rhythms and styles of music effect each session.
- Closing Circles and Ceremony - How to lead closing reflection circles and bring ceremony into the process. Guiding a sense of closure to sessions so that students feel re-grounded, safe and stable before they leave.
Registration Now Open
"Julie makes the space safe for everyone to explore themselves. The Sacred Dance teacher training has been amazing. The space to move intuitively and find your own unique expression was my definition of this training. For that to happen you need to create boundaries so that people feel safe to relax and explore their uniqueness. And Julie is a master of this."
Johanna Morlor - Sacred Dance Teacher Training 2022
"This was a wonderful training for so many reasons but what stands out right now is that there was no pressure of preforming. As it's a teacher training it could have given me ideas that I had to 'master' this method. But instead there was this leaning back into my own process, together with the rest of the group which was wonderful. I'm looking forward to sharing this with others, I can't not!
Susanne Clausen Riis - Sacred Dance Teacher Training 2022
The Venue - Soul Space in Sweden
This wonderful retreat is surrounded by open sea, large pastures and deep forests - an ideal environment to meet yourself. Lyckhem is located on Kärleksstigen 10, on the outskirts of Väddö, a small oasis located about 2 hours from Stockholm. The retreat includes accommodation and delicious meals prepared from vegetarian ingredients from the neighbouring farm. Learn More
Hi, I'm Julie
A self-confessed nerd of the body and mind, I've spent a lifetime discovering different methodologies and lineages to arrive at the most important destination: Home. Back home in the body, mind and spirit.
Through an upbringing in a Vedantist household in Southern California, teaching dance and yoga for 18 years in the UK to running a yoga school in Goa, India for 12 years, I've experienced a heck of a lot. My work as a teacher, mentor and facilitator for yoga practitioners, people suffering from physical injury and emotional instability, I have lead groups and individuals through their shadows and into their light. The common factor in all demographics has been obvious: We all suffer from some kind of trauma and we all need help to move beyond it.
Rich with teachings from a multitude of mentors, guides and inspiring people my journey has been and continues to be a wild ride in the adventure of being human and my goal is to help others navigate the landscape of their own transformation.
A note to yoga, pilates and other movement teachers
I have been a passionate practitioner of conscious dance forms (Soul Motion, 5 rhythms, Ecstatic Dance, Movement Medicine) for many years. I have experienced such deep insights and transformational moments in the expressive and therapeutic forms of dance that I’ve often wondered if this is where the original Tantric Yoga practices began.
Registration Now Open
As a teacher of yoga, pilates, movement modalities and other forms of therapy it can be a challenge to introduce this type of work to students. It takes clarity, structure and a deep understanding of the concept of holding space. This dance needs us to be vulnerable. It can only transform us when we drop our armour, lift the veil of who we think we should be and allow ourselves to be true to our innermost voice. In this course you will learn how to facilitate a journey for your students that allows them to move through the layers of vulnerability and open up to a depth of inner wisdom.